The General Scholarship Application Form affords applicants the opportunity to apply for financial aid or award to further their education. Each scholarship is awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to seek admission to the institution he/she would like to attend except in the case of those awards where placement is arranged.
- This form must be completed and returned to the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development & Religious Affairs by the date stipulated on the Scholarship Announcement. Late and/or incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Applications must be accompanied by certified photocopies of all original diplomas, certificates and awards, two references, an essay detailing reasons for area of study and impact on Grenada, Birth Certificate/Passport and proof of enrollment at the intended educational institution. The institution’s status letter must also state the expected completion date of the study program.
- Applicants must submit copies of university/college transcripts to this Department. Applications will be deemed incomplete until transcripts are received.
- If these forms are physically submitted to the Ministry, applicants must keep copies of all documents submitted to this department as once received they become part of the department’s records and would not be returned.
- Public Service employees must have the Nomination Section completed by the Permanent Secretary or Head of Department of the Ministry/Department, to which the area of study being pursued is most applicable.
- Download the Ministry of Education’s General Scholarship Application Form
- Complete Section A – Personal Data
- Complete Section B – Program You Are Applying For
- Complete Section C – Academic Qualifications
- Complete Section D – Financial Need
- Complete Section E – Work Experience
- Complete Section F – References
- Attach one Letter of Recommendation from each named reference
- Public officers are required to complete Section G
- Public officer’s Permanent Secretary / Head of Department to complete, sign and date Section G Part (i).
- This section with Section G (i) to be completed by both Permanent Secretaries/Head of Departments of the affected Ministries/Departments to which the area of study being pursued is most applicable, if the applicant is a Public Officer seeking a change in career path.
- Applicant to sign and date the completed General Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload the completed form and supplemental materials in this site or deliver it to the Ministry of Education for evaluation.
- Certified photocopies of all original diplomas, certificates and awards, two references, an essay detailing reasons for area of study and impact on Grenada, Birth Certificate/Passport and proof of enrollment at the intended educational institution. The institution’s status letter must also state the expected completion date of the study program.
- Applicants must submit copies of university/college transcripts to this Department.
Applicants may submit their general scholarship application for free; however, applicants should be aware that if awarded a scholarship, they will be bonded by the Government of Grenada and that it is mandatory to be present to receive their award packages at the award ceremony.
Applicants and other concerned citizens may contact the Ministry of Education with any inquiries.
Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development & Religious Affairs
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George's, Grenada, W.I.
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2737
Fax: +1 (473) 440-6650