A Certificate of Character is an official document issued by the Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF) that states whether or not a person has a prior record of conviction in Grenada. Any person nine years or older who has lived or is living in Grenada can apply for a Police Certificate of Character.
GRENADIAN NATIONALS OVERSEAS need to submit: Copy of a valid credential such as a passport, National Insurance Scheme Card, OR Electoral Card (voters ID) AND a Birth Certificate
FOREIGN NATIONALS WHO RESIDE (D) IN GRENADA FOR A PERIOD OF TIME: Copy of the passport OR any state-issued identify card AND Birth Certificate
Copy of the original set of fingerprints requested in the form
Name and contacts of the officer printed legibly
C. PASSPORT PHOTO
Digital copies of Passport Photo (with the clear hairline, ear line, and no-glasses)
Note: the Purpose for requesting the Police Certificate of Character should be mentioned clearly. Signature needs to match those in the credential documents.
- Register yourself online.
- Download the Request for a Police Certificate of Character form
- Fill form and upload a digital copy.
- Copy of Credential (highlighted in Pre-Requisites
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Digital Passport Photo (frontal view showing ears and a clear hairline, without glasses)
- Make payment as required
- Visit often and check status. Once available, the status shall be updated as approved. You can download a copy or visit the nearest police station to pickup a physical copy of the certificate
USD 18.5 or EC$ 50 (EC$ 40 for the application & EC$ 10 for processing) payable by International Money Order to the Commissioner of Police.
Royal Grenada Police Force
Fort George, St. George's
Tel: +1 (473) 440-3999 | +1 (473) 440-1043 | +1 (473) 440-1047
Fax: +1 (473) 435-7699