The goal of Market Access & Rural Enterprise Development Program (MAREP) is to contribute to the reduction of rural poverty and vulnerability of rural young unemployed or self-employed men and women in 50 rural communities in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
The Programme Development Objective is to increase the income of rural young unemployed or self-employed men and women to achieve the following four outcomes:
- Increased level of empowerment of rural communities and the male and female members of social and economic rural organizations and their capacity to participate in development opportunities;
- Employment opportunities created, particularly for young rural men and women;
- Rural businesses and microenterprises established and strengthened; and
- Improved sustainable agriculture, linkages to production chains, access to markets, and financial services.
The Programme shall benefit rural men and women, including young people and female-headed households, involved in part-time or full-time:
- Small scale farming either of subsistence or market-oriented production;
- Artisanal fishing;
- Micro/small-scale rural businesses and enterprises (agricultural and non-agricultural); and
- Unskilled labor provision in the parishes of the main islands of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
The goal of the Programme is to contribute to the reduction of rural poverty and vulnerability of rural young unemployed or self-employed men and women in the Programme Area.