1. General Administration
The General Administration Division provides relevant and timely information, administrative and other support services to the Ministry’s clientele in a safe, secure, accessible and healthy environment in support of the achievement of the Ministry’s goals and objectives.
The core function of this Division is to provide administrative and other support services to the executive, senior staff and the divisions which fall under their control.
The main areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Administrative Support Services (Office Management and Customer Services);
- Procurement, Stores and Asset Management;
- Records Management and Registry Services.
2. Labour Division
To promote harmonious industrial relations through standard compliance practices and the enforcement of labour laws, policies and conventions
- Policy formulation and implementation;
- Labour administration
- Relationship Management
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Technical documentation and advice
Employee Relations / Industrial Relations:
- Grievance management
- Industrial Safety
- Occupational Health / Wellness
- Non-Crisis Consultation
The Unit is responsible for the following functions:
- Prepare/collate the Draft Estimates of Recurrent Expenditure
- Allocate provisions/releases to Sub-Accounting Unit
- Request monthly releases of funds from the Ministry of Finance (MOF)
- Process all requests for virements and transfers of funds
- Maintain register for approved transfers/virements
- Process all requests for Overseas/wire payments
- Commit invoice orders from Divisions/Units
- Approach MOF for the confirmation of the availability of funds where necessary
- Process all National Insurance Claims
- Calculate and report all overpayments to H.R., and Auditor General
- Maintain all pay record cards; overpayment and Advances ledgers; travelling, electricity, telephone, rent ledgers
- Maintain Vote control
- Process outstanding arrears to Public Officers
4. Internal Audit
Internal Audit ensures there is accountability, efficiency, effectiveness and transparency in the financial operations of the Ministry.
The core functions of Internal Audit are to:-
- Monitor the systems of internal controls and other related documents in the Ministry’s financial operations;
- Identify any weaknesses in the systems, draw them to the attention of the Permanent Secretary (Accounting Officer) and make recommendations for their improvements; and
- Examine the financial processes and supporting documents’ to ensure there is compliance with established accounting laws and regulations, procedures, policies, principles, circulars and other authorities in force.
5. Planning / Project Implementation
The Planning Project Implementation Unit (PIU) is responsible for the implementation of the programmes/projects of the Ministry, which fall under the Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP).
The core functions of this Unit are to:
- Manage the relationships between internal and external stakeholders of the Ministry’s projects. In doing, it operates both as an Agent of the Ministry and as a Client to the various Units/Departments of the Ministry;
- Assists in the preparation of Notes for Cabinet, the Annual Budget Programme Estimates, midterm review, and monthly status reports of the PSIP.