The Administration Division of the Ministry of Health is lead by the Permanent Secretary who is the chief policy advisor and manager in leading, directing and motivating the entire ministerial team in the implementation of policy decisions and programs. This Division is comprised of a number of units which are headed by unit heads. The Permanent Secretary is however directly supported by the Senior Administrative Officer – Administration for the general administrative functions of the ministry and overseeing the operations of general support services such as registry and finance as well as providing policy advice as required. The Senior Administrative officer – Personnel have responsibility for the Human Resource unit. This office is responsible for directing, implementing and advising on all personnel issues of the Ministry.
To provide policy guidance and render administrative support services to enable the fulfilment of the ministry’s mission to provide quality and equitable health care to the people of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
To become a team of creative motivated professionals that can add value to the development of a quality and sustainable health care system.
- Policy Advice
- General Administrative Services
- Personnel Functions
- Financial Management/Procurement
- Secretarial Support Services
- Registry and Documentation
- Public Relations
- Logistical Support & Transportation Services
- To give strategic direction and leadership to strengthen the operational management of the Ministry.
- To direct, coordinate and lead the Ministry of Health to achieve its goals and objectives for the provision of quality and sustainable health care for all people in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
- General Administration
- Secretarial Services
- Logistical & Transportation
The Administration Division is guided by the following:-
- The Grenada Constitution
- The Grenada Laws 1990
- Public Service Rules and Regulations
- The Public Service Staff Orders
- Public Finance Management Act 27/2007
- Travelling and Subsistence Allowance (Amendment) Regulations SRO. 14/2010
Under the responsibility of the Permanent Secretary the Administration Division is responsible for the hosting of heads of divisions meetings made up of the heads of all the units within the ministry. The management team which is lead by the Minister comprises the core heads of divisions – Chief Medical Officer, Chief Planning Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Medical Services, Director of Hospital Services, Senior Administrative Office – Administration and Senior Administrative Officer Personnel.
The management is hierarchical from top management to middle level to supervisory level directly within the administrative unit.
Reference to the diagram below:-
- Permanent Secretary
- Senior Administrative Officer - Administration
- Senior Administrative Officer – Personnel
- Administrative Officer – Personnel
- Administrative Officer - Finance
- Executive Officer – Finance
- Finance Clerk II
- Executive Officer – Registry
- Class I – Clerk, Registry
- Class II – Clerk, Registry
- Clerk Typist
- Chauffeur / Assistant
- Office Attendants / PBX Operator
- Policy Proposals
- Cabinet Submissions
- Corporate Plan
- Performance Management System
- Recruitment, Selection & Orientation (In accordance with PSC Rules & Regulation)
- Performance Appraisal
- Training Needs Assessment/Training
- Leave Management
- Personnel Records (Move to Personnel Information System)
- Maintenance of Registers
- Succession Planning
- Receptionist Services
- Typing/Document preparation
- Organize meetings etc.
- Recording of meetings
- Management of correspondence
- Coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences etc.
- Conference Room (Venue) & Catering booking
- Prepare & organise correspondence & documents
- Travel arrangements
- Educate and inform stakeholders of the Ministry’s Work (Image management)
- Communications document preparation - Prepare Newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, posters, cards etc.
- Timely delivery & receipt of mails, supplies and material etc.
- Transportation Service
- In collaboration with Planning Unit - Preparation of Strategic Budget
- Preparation of financial reports
- Expenditure management
- Accurate Record Keeping
- Timely payments
- Filing/Recording (Document Management)
- Docket correspondence
- Mail Recording (In-coming & Out-Going)
- Keeping of various mail registers
- Purchase of supplies, materials and equipment in accordance with the Government procurement act.
- Control and management of supplies