The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency in collaboration with the Government of Grenada seeks to recruit a qualified consultant to finalise the Grenada National Diaspora Engagement Policy and develop it’s 5-year action plan.
This Consultancy forms a crucial part of the ‘Engaging with and Empowering the Diaspora for the Development of Grenada’ project locally referred to as Grenadian Diaspora for Development (GD4D) funded by the IOM Development Fund (IDF). The project’s overall objective is to strengthen the government’s capacity to engage and dialogue with the Grenadian diaspora as part of the country’s strategic development focus.
Requirements Qualifications: The qualified candidate should possess:
- Advanced university degree preferably in Public Policy, International Relations, Migration, International Development, research or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience in academia, research institutes, think tanks, governmental, inter-governmental or non-governmental organizations
- Knowledge of migration, remittances and development, as well as relevant related policies;
- Proved experience of working on diaspora related matters
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Experience in leading an international research project;
- Knowledge of the Caribbean region and global migration or migration management;
Candidates must submit three separate documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2020.
- A detailed CV including a minimum of three references;
- A technical proposal, including the candidate’s capacity to meet the objectives of the project, including relevant prior experience; and indication of availability;
- A budget indicating the time and resources that will be required, including travel costs (if necessary).
Duration Four (4) Months.
Duty Station St. George’s Grenada
TOR for the position can be requested via email email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to Caribbean residents.