The Planning Unit presently comprises of four persons-
- A Senior Planning Officer
- Planning Officer – responsible for marketing
- Planning Officer – responsible for statistics
- Planning Officer
The Planning Unit offers the following services/functions-
- To analyse and provide guidance on preparation and implementation of the various policies within the agricultural sector and to transform these policies into programmes and projects.
- To identify, assist and provide technical assistance in the preparation, programming, planning and budgeting of projects and programme proposals for the Ministry.
- To monitor and evaluate agricultural sector projects and programmes.
- To co-ordinate the development of the Ministry’s sector/cooperate plan.
- To assist the preparation of the Ministry’s annual Budget.
- To assist in market identification, and provide market information/ intelligence to the farming community and to provide guidance on resolving marketing issues.
- To collect, compile, analyze, store and disseminate data/statistics on the agricultural sector.