For a person applying on the grounds of marriage, the Grenada Constitution, Section 98 of Chapter vii, states that any person who is married to a citizen of Grenada or subsistence of the marriage, a citizen of Grenada shall be entitled, upon making application in such manner as may be prescribed by or under the law enacted by Parliament, and if he is a British protected person or an alien taking the oath of allegiance, to be registered as a citizen of Grenada.
Therefore, an individual meeting these criteria and is desirous of applying for Grenadian citizenship, MUST submit the following documents to the Home Affairs Department, to begin the processing of applications
- Copy of a valid Birth Certificate
- Copy of Passport Photograph (clearly showing ears, hairline and obtained without glasses)
- Police Certificate of Character obtained within the last 6 months
- Medical Certificate from a Registered Practitioner
- ORIGINAL and ONE (1) PHOTOCOPY of Marriage Certificate.
- ORIGINAL and ONE (1) PHOTOCOPY Birth Certificate of Grenadian Spouse.
- Letter of Concurrence from Grenadian Spouse.
- Register yourself online.
- Download the Citizenship Application Form
- Fill the Form Completely. The Completed Application form should be signed by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public. Upload the Form.
- Applicants MUST include their Parents name and nationality, applicant’s occupation, contact numbers on the application form and copy of Passport.
- Upload copies of ALL items listed in Pre-Requisites.
- Finger Print Form
- Digital Passport Photo (frontal view showing ears and a clear hairline, without glasses)
- Make payment as required. Those living abroad can make payments by money order or check, ensuring that the form processing starts instantaneously on receipt.
- Review and submit
- Visit often and check status.
Application Fee - EC$100.00
Grenadians by birth - EC$1,000.00
Grenadian Citizen - EC$2,500.00
Ministry Of National Security, Public Administration, Home Affairs, Information & Communications Technology
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George's,
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2255 | +1 (473) 440-2265
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4116
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com