Skip to main content

Marriage Officers License

A marriage can only be conducted by a registered & approved Marriage Officer.

Service Information

marriage officer is a person who is approved and authorized to conduct marriages in Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique. An ordained minister or priest of any religious denomination generally applies for this certificate to be able to conduct and solemnize a marriage.

District magistrates and high court lawyers are certified to conduct and register marriages within their courts while following the normal marriage licensing and registration processes.

  • Credentials in the form of driver's license, passport or equivalent document.
  • Person is of good standing in society.
  • In case of a renewal, kindly submit a copy of the original certificate.
Process Steps
  1. Register yourself to obtain valid access credentials to the e-services portal.
  2. Fill the Marriage Officers License form.
  3. Attach digital copies of the following documents
    1. Letter of application from the religious institution requesting the appointment of its member to become a Marriage Officer.
    2. Religious Institution membership (Included in application letter)
    3. Certificate of Incorporation of the Religious Institution
    4. Review detail and submit.
    5. Birth Certificate
    6. Marriage Certificate (If married)
    7. Two (2) Reference letters
  4. Review details and submit
  5. Log in to check the status of your request.

Ministry Of National Security, Public Administration, Home Affairs, Information & Communications Technology

Ministerial Complex
6th Floor
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George's,
Grenada, W.I.
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2255 | +1 (473) 440-2265
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4116
Email: |