Persons requiring a certificate of proof of their marriage shall apply for a Marriage Certificate using the process outlined below.
The Office of Registrar General, shall confirm prior registration of the Marriage, and issue a sealed certificate.
If the marriage is not registered before, kindly follow the Marriage Registration Service to first register the marriage and request issuance of the Marriage Certificate simultaneously.
- The Marriage needs to have been registered first with the Office of the Registrar General, Ministry of Health and Social Security.
- Marriage of Grenadian Nationals, as well as persons of foreign origin whose marriage was conducted by a certified marriage officer, are eligible to register their marriage and request a Marriage Certificate
- A minimal processing fee of EC$ 7 is mandatory
- Register yourself to gain access to the e-services portal.
- Fill the Marriage Certificate request form
- Upload payment receipt. Submit.
- Visit the Registry Office at the time given by the officer to collect a copy of the certificate with the seal. The office shall also provide a digital copy of the certificate for your use.
- Check the Certificate for correctness of details
- In case of urgency, visit the nearest district office OR the Birth, Marriage and Deaths Registry at the Ministerial Complex.
A fee of EC$7 is charged for this service, with EC$5 for the Stamp, and EC$2 for the Receipt.
Ministry of Health, Social Security & International Business
Southern Wing 1st & 2nd Floor
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George’s
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2649 | +1 (473) 440-2806 | +1 (473) 440-2846 | +1 (473) 440-2955 | +1 (473) 440-3485 | +1 (473) 440-4955 | +1 (473) 440-4947 | +1 (473) 440-9311
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4127 | +1 (473) 440-6848 | +1 (473) 440-7017