A citizen is required to take a Marriage License before the occurrence of marriage. The information required is minimal, and is limited to the parties and their details. Upon submission, the details are reviewed for completion, as well as for compliance.
Minorities are required to fill the supplemental form that requires the approval of parents or guardians.
The details are hosted in public places, as a public notification of the marriage, and also as a means for notification of concerns to the government or religious body where the marriage may occur.
After a 7 day period, a Marriage permit is issued, that now enables the marriage party to get married through a registered Marriage Officer.
Foreign nationals may click here to visit the Visitor Marriage License Service.
- Drivers License or other forms of credentials
- Consent Form in the event any of the persons are below 18 years of age
- Fill the Notice of Marriage Form
- Provide Birth Details, and Passport / Drivers License Details or any other form of ID
- If any of the persons is below 18 years of age, it is mandatory to fill the Consent Form
- Names and details of Two Witnesses is provided
- The form is signed by both the persons getting married
- Review and submit form
- Upon submission, the form goes to the District Court / Magistracy Office where it is reviewed for accuracy and completeness
- The Details of the upcoming marriage is posted in public places for a period of 7 days
- Following the wait period, a Marriage Permit is issued
- Congratulations, you have completed all legal requirements, and can now get married.
A EC$ 15 stamp is required. There is no fee for this service
EC $ 50 for Nationals
EC$100 for Special Marriage License for Nationals
EC$ 500 for Special Marriage License for Visitors
St, John's Street
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2060 | +1 (473) 440-6163
Fax: +1 (473) 440-6163