A foreign national whose parents or grandparents are Grenadian Citizens can avail Grenadian citizenship for themselves.
For persons applying for citizenship by parentage, the Grenada Constitution, Section 97 of Chapter VII, stipulates that a person born outside Grenada on or after 7th February 1974, shall become a citizen of Grenada at the date of his birth if, at that date, his father or his mother is a citizen of Grenada, every person who, having been born outside Grenada on or before 6th February, 1974, a citizen if the United Kingdom and Colonies shall, if father or mother becomes, or would but for his death have become, a citizen of Grenada by virtue of subsection (1) or subsection (2) of this section, become a citizen of Grenada on 7th February, 1974.
- Copy of a valid Birth Certificate
- Copy of Passport Photograph (clearly showing ears, hairline and obtained without glasses)
- Police Certificate of Character obtained within the last 3 months
- Medical Certificate from a Registered Practitioner
- Persons above 18 years of age require a Reference Letter from a reputable person from the community
- Copy of Birth Certificate of Parent that reflects the Grand Parents Name
- Copy of Birth Certificate of Grand Parent who is Grenadian
- Register yourself online.
- Download the Citizenship Application Form.
- Fill the Form Completely. The Completed Application form should be signed by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public. Upload the Form.
- Applicants MUST include their Parents name and nationality, applicant’s occupation, contact numbers on the application form and copy of Passport.
- Upload copies of the Police Certificate, Medical Certificate, Birth Certificates of yourself and your parent or grandparent
- Finger Print Form
- Digital Passport Photo (a frontal view showing ears and a clear hairline, without glasses)
- Make payment as required. Those living abroad can make payments by money order or check, ensuring that the form processing starts instantaneously on receipt.
- Review and submit
- Visit often and check status.
Application Fee - EC$100.00
Citizenship permit - EC$250.00
Ministry Of National Security, Public Administration, Home Affairs, Information & Communications Technology
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George's,
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2255 | +1 (473) 440-2265
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4116
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com