Persons requiring a valid Death Certificate to enable burial, or subsequent banking, insurance or related processes, shall apply for a Death Certificate using the process outlined below.
A certified doctor first needs to issue the “Medical Certificate of the Cause of Death”. This can be provided by the doctor at a District Center. You can subsequently use this Medical Certificate to issue a Death Certificate to complete various formalities.
- Reporting of the death, and Issue of Medical Certificate of the Cause of Death by the certified doctor
- Register yourself to gain access to the e-services portal.
- Fill the Death Certificate request form.
- Upload payment receipt. Submit.
- Visit the Registry Office at the time given by the officer to collect a copy of the certificate with the seal. The office shall also provide a digital copy of the certificate for your use.
- Check the Certificate for correctness of details
- In case of urgency, visit the nearest district office OR the Birth, Marriage and Deaths Registry at the Ministerial Complex.
A fee of EC$7 is charged for this service, with EC$5 for the Stamp, and EC$2 for the Receipt.
Ministry of Health, Social Security & International Business
Southern Wing 1st & 2nd Floor
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2649 | +1 (473) 440-2806 | +1 (473) 440-2846 | +1 (473) 440-2955 | +1 (473) 440-3485 | +1 (473) 440-4955 | +1 (473) 440-4947 | +1 (473) 440-9311
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4127 | +1 (473) 440-6848 | +1 (473) 440-7017